Roast Chicken Breasts with Spicy Mayonnaise
- 4 Sicín Sásta chicken breasts/chicken supremes, skin on
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 500 g medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, left whole and unpeeled
- A couple of sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 0.25 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 0.25 tsp turmeric
- 0.5 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Mix half the oil with the garlic, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and chilli flakes in a large bowl and add the chicken breasts. Leave to marinate for half an hour if possible.
- Heat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
- Place the carrots, parsnips, potatoes, onions, garlic and thyme sprigs in a roasting tin.
- Add the remaining olive oil and stir the vegetables to coat in the oil.
- Add in the chicken breasts and season everything with salt and black pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Spicy Mayonnaise and serve with the roasted chicken breasts and vegetables.